BAKER HUGHES UP
BAKER HUGHES published their results 1Q 2014.
1Q 2013 / 1Q 2014:
- REVENUE UP from $5.2B to $5.7B, $0.5B, 9.6%;
- NET INCOME UP from $267M to $328M, $61M, 22.8%;
- EBITDA UP from $893M to $1.05B, $154M, 17.2%;
- REVENUE UP from $2.6B to $2.8B, $0.2B, 7.7%;
- PROFIT UP from $235M to $300M, $75M, 31.9%;
MIDDLE EAST / ASIA PACIFIC:
- REVENUE UP from $894M to $1.1B, $214M, 23.9%;
- PROFIT UP from $116M to $141M, $25M, 21.6%;
EUROPE / AFRICA / RUSSIA CASPIAN:
- REVENUE UP from $854M to $996M, $142M, 16.6%;
- PROFIT UP from $93M to $148M, $55M, 59.1%;
- REVENUE DOWN from $590M to $530M, $60M, 10.2%;
- PROFIT DOWN from $72M to $58M, $14M, 19.4%;
|March, 16, 10:40:00|
|March, 16, 10:35:00|
|March, 16, 10:30:00|
|March, 16, 10:25:00|
|March, 16, 10:20:00|
|March, 16, 10:15:00|
BLOOMBERG - While Europe as a whole gets more than a third of its gas from Russia, that share is lower in the U.K., which receives the bulk of its fuel from North Sea fields and Norway. Still, Moscow-based Gazprom PJSC was the second-biggest supplier to major industrial consumers in the U.K. last year, according to Britain’s energy regulator Ofgem.
FT - of the six LNG tankers that have made deliveries into the UK so far in 2018 three have carried cargoes originally from Russia, leading to questions about whether Moscow was gaining a foothold in the UK gas market after starting up the Yamal LNG facility in Siberia late last year.
REUTERS - So far this year, two Yamal cargoes unloaded at British terminals for domestic consumption, accounting for about a third of Britain’s 2018 LNG imports after typical supplier Qatar pre-sold the bulk of its winter output to Asia last year.
REUTERS - U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures CLc1 were at $60.77 a barrel at 0753 GMT, up 6 cents, or 0.1 percent, from their previous settlement. Brent crude futures LCOc1 were at $64.62 per barrel, down just 2 cents from their last close.