TESCO: BELOW EXPECTATIONS AGAIN
Tesco Corporation Reports Q1 2014 Results:
- Q1-2014 to Q1-2013: down from $ 127.1 M to $ 121.4 M, $ 5.7 M, 4.5%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 136.9 M to $ 121.4 M, $ 15.5 M, 11.3%;
TOP DRIVES SEGMENT REVENUE:
- Q1-2014 to Q1–2013: down from $ 75.6 M to $ 64.7 M, $ 10.9 M, 14.4%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 81.9 M to $ 64.7 M, $ 17.2 M, 21%;
- segment share down from 59.5% to 53.3%;
TOP DRIVES SALES:
- Q1-2014 to Q1–2013: down from $ 32.8 M to $ 25.3 M, $ 7.5 M, 22.9%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 34.6 M to $ 25.3 M, $ 9.3 M, 26.9%;
- segment share down from 25.8% to 20.8%;
TOP DRIVES RENTAL SERVICES:
- Q1-2014 to Q1-2013: down from $ 29.7 M to $ 24.7 M, $ 5 M, 16.8%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 32.0 M to $ 24.7 M, $ 7.3 M, 22.8%;
- segment share down from 23.4% to 20.3%;
- Q1-2014 to Q1 2013: down from $ 8.8 M to $ 3.0 M, $ 5.8 M, 65.9%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 5.5 M to $ 3.0 M, $ 2.5 M, 45.5%;
EARNINGS PER SHARE:
- Q1-2014 to Q1 2013: down from $ 0.22 to $ 0.07, $ 0.15, 68.2%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4-2013: down from $ 0.14 to $ 0.07, $ 0.07, 50%;
- Q1-2014 to Q4 2013: down from $ 23.2 M to $ 22.0 M, $ 1.2 M, 5.2%;
- Q1-2014 to Q1-2013: down from $ 24.4 M to $ 22.0 M, $ 2.4 M, 9.8%.
|March, 16, 10:40:00|
|March, 16, 10:35:00|
|March, 16, 10:30:00|
|March, 16, 10:25:00|
|March, 16, 10:20:00|
|March, 16, 10:15:00|
BLOOMBERG - While Europe as a whole gets more than a third of its gas from Russia, that share is lower in the U.K., which receives the bulk of its fuel from North Sea fields and Norway. Still, Moscow-based Gazprom PJSC was the second-biggest supplier to major industrial consumers in the U.K. last year, according to Britain’s energy regulator Ofgem.
FT - of the six LNG tankers that have made deliveries into the UK so far in 2018 three have carried cargoes originally from Russia, leading to questions about whether Moscow was gaining a foothold in the UK gas market after starting up the Yamal LNG facility in Siberia late last year.
REUTERS - So far this year, two Yamal cargoes unloaded at British terminals for domestic consumption, accounting for about a third of Britain’s 2018 LNG imports after typical supplier Qatar pre-sold the bulk of its winter output to Asia last year.
REUTERS - U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures CLc1 were at $60.77 a barrel at 0753 GMT, up 6 cents, or 0.1 percent, from their previous settlement. Brent crude futures LCOc1 were at $64.62 per barrel, down just 2 cents from their last close.