ROSNEFT & SARAS CONFIRMED
Italian oil refiner Saras has confirmed its joint venture projects with Russia's largest oil company Rosneft has not ended. The company said it expects the deal to sell oil, and begin refining operations together will be delayed, not canceled.
The joint trading venture was schedule to begin in April this year, but the delay is mostly due to Rosneft's purchase of Morgan Stanley's oil trading unit.
"We are continuing work with Rosneft on developing a commercial venture, and are taking into account the new opportunities arising from Rosneft's purchase of Morgan Stanley's oil trading unit," a representative told PRIME news agency on Monday, in reference to a comment made by the company's executive vice president on Friday.
"In recent weeks, activities with Rosneft have been put on hold because of political events," Executive Vice President and General Manager Dario Scaffardi said in a conference call on Friday.
The comment prompted the media to report that Milan-based Saras had completely severed talks with Rosneft due to the EU's latest round of sanctions against Russia, ITAR-TASS reported.
Scaffardi meant negotiations could be further delayed, but that plans to start the commercial joint venture are still under way, PRIME reports, citing a company representative.
Rosneft hasn't put forward a comment on the matter.
The EU imposed 'Stage 3' sanctions against Russia targeting key sectors of its economy - finance, weapon technology, and energy.
The 28-nation bloc agreed to stop exporting certain oil extraction equipment and technology to Russia, including hardware needed for deep-sea drilling, arctic exploration, as well as shale oil extraction.
Russian oil major Rosneft acquired a minority 21 percent stake in the Italian oil refinery in April 2013.
Saras is Europe's sixth largest oil refiner and has a capacity of 15 million tons. It buys two-thirds of its oil from Russia.
Igor Sechin, Rosneft's CEO, was blacklisted and added to the US sanction list in April.
|January, 19, 12:45:00|
|January, 19, 12:40:00|
|January, 19, 12:35:00|
|January, 19, 12:30:00|
|January, 19, 12:25:00|
|January, 19, 12:20:00|
PLATTS - For full-year 2017, South Korea's crude imports from its biggest supplier Saudi Arabia fell 1.7% to 319.02 million barrels, compared with 324.45 million barrels in the previous year, customs data showed. On the contrary, South Korea has imported 1.77 million mt, or around 13 million barrels, of crude from the US in 2017, about four times higher than in 2016. Shipments from Russia grew to 140,000 b/d last year from 112,000 b/d in 2016.
AOG - ADNOC’s 2030 strategy, he said, aims to capitalise on predicted global economic growth and demand for oil and petrochemical products, particularly in non-OECD countries. As its business responds to changing market dynamics, the company will continue to broaden its partnership base, strengthen its profitability, adapt to new realities and expand market access.
WNN - Under the terms of the assignment and purchase agreement it has signed with Nucleus and Brookfield, Toshiba will sell its rights to assert claims against Westinghouse related to the parent guarantees in the amount of $5.788 billion, and on account of other claims Toshiba holds against Westinghouse in the amount of $2.284 billion to Nucleus, for the sale price of $2.160 billion.
REUTERS - Brent crude futures LCOc1 were at $69.23 a barrel at 0808 GMT, up 8 cents from their last close, but down from a high of $69.37 earlier in the day. Brent on Monday rose to $70.37 a barrel, its highest since December 2014, the start of a three-year oil price slump. U.S. West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures CLc1 were at $63.84 a barrel, down from a high of $63.89 earlier, but up 11 cents from their last settlement. WTI hit $64.89 on Tuesday, also the highest since December 2014.