SHELL INCOME DOWN 89%
First quarter 2016 summary of unaudited results
- Following completion of the acquisition on February 15, 2016, BG Group plc ("BG") has been consolidated within Royal Dutch Shell's results. For practical purposes, this includes February and March 2016, as the impact for the first half of February is deemed immaterial.
- Royal Dutch Shell's first quarter 2016 CCS earnings attributable to shareholders (see Note 3) were $0.8 billion compared with $4.8 billion for the same quarter a year ago.
- First quarter 2016 CCS earnings attributable to shareholders excluding identified items (see page 6) were $1.6 billion compared with $3.7 billion for the first quarter 2015, a decrease of 58%.
- Compared with the first quarter 2015, CCS earnings attributable to shareholders excluding identified items were impacted by the decline in oil, gas and LNG prices and weaker refining industry conditions. Earnings benefited from lower operating expenses, as steps taken by Shell to reduce costs more than offset the increase in operating expenses associated with BG.
- First quarter 2016 basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items decreased by 63% versus the first quarter 2015.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the first quarter 2016 was $0.7 billion, which included negative working capital movements of $3.9 billion.
- Total dividends distributed to shareholders in the quarter were $3.7 billion, of which $1.5 billion were settled by issuing 65.7 million A shares under the Scrip Dividend Programme.
- Gearing at the end of the first quarter 2016 was 26.1% versus 12.4% at the end of the first quarter 2015. This increase mainly reflects the impact of the acquisition of BG.
- A first quarter 2016 dividend has been announced of $0.47 per ordinary share and $0.94 per American Depositary Share ("ADS").
|April, 20, 09:30:00|
|April, 20, 09:25:00|
|April, 20, 09:20:00|
|April, 20, 09:15:00|
|April, 20, 09:10:00|
|April, 20, 09:05:00|
SHANA - The CEO of the Iranian Gas Commercial Company (IGCC) said his company, as the sole exporter of gas products in Iran, is currently seeking new markets for exporting liquefied petroleum gas (LPG).
LUKOIL - LUKOIL has commissioned a Gas Processing Complex at the Kandym fields cluster in Uzbekistan. The official opening ceremony was attended by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev, Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation Aleksander Novak, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Uzbekistan Vladimir Tyurdenyov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Korea to the Republic of Uzbekistan Kwon Yong Woo and the President of PJSC "LUKOIL" Vagit Alekperov.
ENI - Eni will invest €7 billion in Italy over the next four years, including €1 billion in green activities
REUTERS - Offshore oil driller Seadrill (SDRL.OL) plans to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in late June or early July to catch the rising wave of rig market activity, its chief executive told said on Wednesday.