U.S. RIGS UP 1
According to BAKER HUGHES:
- U.S. Rig Count is up 1 rig from last week to 463, with oil rigs up 3 to 374, gas rigs down 2 to 86, and miscellaneous rigs unchanged at 3.
- U.S. Rig Count is down 411 rigs from last year's count of 874, with oil rigs down 290, gas rigs down 123, and miscellaneous rigs up 2.
- The U.S. Offshore Rig Count is 19, unchanged from last week, and down 15 rigs year over year.
- Canadian Rig Count is up 17 rigs from last week to 119, with oil rigs up 12 to 60, gas rigs up 5 to 58, and miscellaneous rigs unchanged at 1.
- Canadian Rig Count is down 96 rigs from last year's count of 215, with oil rigs down 52, gas rigs down 45, and miscellaneous rigs up 1.
|United States Total||463||1||462||-411||874|
|Gulf Of Mexico||19||1||18||-15||34|
|U.S. Breakout Information||This Week||+/-||Last Week||+/-||Year Ago|
|Canada Breakout Information||This Week||+/-||Last Week||+/-||Year Ago|
|Major State Variances||This Week||+/-||Last Week||+/-||Year Ago|
|Major Basin Variances||This Week||+/-||Last Week||+/-||Year Ago|
2021, July, 9, 12:04:00HYDROGEN RUSSIA AND CIS, Moscow, 20-21 October 2021
International Conference and Exhibition ‘Hydrogen Russia and CIS’ brings together more than 200 senior executives of hydrogen production plants from Russia and the CIS
2021, July, 9, 12:00:00ARGENTINA'S NUCLEAR SMR
Before work was suspended, it was in line to be the world’s first operating SMR. The government licensed it as a prototype in 2009.
2021, July, 9, 11:55:00CHILE'S COAL GENERATION DOWN
In June 2021, the Chamber of Deputies of Chile has approved a bill that prohibits the installation and operation of coal-fired power plants.
2021, July, 8, 12:50:00OIL PRICE: NEAR $73
Brent slipped by 23 cents, or 0.3%, to $73.20 a barrel, WTI were down 33 cents, or 0.5%, at $71.87 a barrel.
2021, July, 8, 12:45:00OIL PRICES 2021-22: $72-$67
We expect rising production will reduce the persistent global oil inventory draws that have occurred for much of the past year and keep prices similar to current levels, averaging $72/b during the second half of 2021 (2H21).
2021, July, 8, 12:40:00EUROPE CLIMATE RULES
According to draft proposals seen by market sources, the CBAM will replace the current system of free carbon allowances for metals sectors, and tighten allowances in the European Emissions Trading System generally, a bone of contention for some.
2021, July, 8, 12:35:00ASIA INDEXES DOWN ANEW
The Hang Seng index (.HSI) led losses with a 1.9% drop, its eighth consecutive session in the red, with more falls in internet giants Tencent (0700.HK), Meituan (3690.HK) and Alibaba (9988.HK) as the sector reels from sweeping Chinese regulatory scrutinty.