SCHRÖDER IS THE CHAIRMAN OF ROSNEFT
ROSNEFT - On September 29, Rosneft's Extraordinary General Shareholders' Meeting was held in St. Petersburg. Holders of 91.78% of the Company's shares took part in the meeting.
The Meeting approved the amendments to the Charter, increasing the number of the Board members from 9 to 11. The following members were elected to the new Board of Directors:
- Faisal M. Alsuwaidi - President of Research and Development at Qatar Foundation;
- Andrey Belousov - Aide to the President of the Russian Federation;
- Matthias Warnig, Executive Director of Nord Stream 2 AG (Switzerland), independent director;
- Oleg Viyugin - Professor of the Department of the Federal State Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education "National Research University "High School of Economics", independent director;
- Ivan Glasenberg - Chief Executive Officer of Glencore International AG and Glencore plc.;
- Robert Dudley – President of BP Group;
- Guillermo Quintero – Member of Rosneft Board of Directors;
- Alexander Novak – Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation;
- Igor Sechin – Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Management Board of Rosneft;
- Donald Humphreys - Member of Rosneft Board of Directors, independent director;
- Gerhard Schröder - Chairman of the Shareholders' Committee of Nord Stream AG, independent director.
The Meeting also resolved to pay interim dividends, based on H1 2017 results, in the amount of 40.6 billion rubles (3 rubles 83 kopecks per share), which is 50% of Rosneft's IFRS net profit related to the Company's shareholders. Such decision was taken pursuant to the new dividend policy of Rosneft providing for the target level of dividend payment of no less than 50% of Rosneft's IFRS profit, and the target frequency of Rosneft dividend payment at least twice a year.
The book closing date for dividend payment is set on October 10, 2017. The dividends will be paid to the nominal shareholders and trustees no later than October 24, 2017, and to other shareholders registered in the Shareholders Register no later than November 15, 2017.
Following the results of the Board of Directors meeting that took place on September 29, 2017, Gerhard Schröder was elected as the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
|September, 21, 11:00:00|
|September, 21, 10:55:00|
|September, 21, 10:45:00|
|September, 21, 10:40:00|
|September, 21, 10:35:00|
|September, 21, 10:30:00|
U.S. EIA - Energy companies’ free cash flow—the difference between cash from operations and capital expenditure—was $119 billion for the four quarters ending June 30, 2018, the largest four-quarter sum during 2013–18 Companies reduced debt for seven consecutive quarters, contributing to the lowest long-term debt-to-equity ratio since third-quarter 2014
OPEC - Total oil demand for 2018 is now estimated at 98.82 mb/d. In 2019, world oil demand growth is forecast to rise by 1.41 mb/d. Total world oil demand in 2019 is now projected to surpass 100 mb/d for the first time and reach 100.23 mb/d.
ARAB NEWS - Oil exports from southern Iraq are heading for a record high this month, two industry sources said, adding to signs that OPEC’s second-largest producer is following through on a deal to raise supply and local unrest is not affecting shipments.
PLATTS - The International Energy Agency expects the US to account for 75% of the global growth in natural gas exports over the next five years, a bullish outlook for LNG developers facing challenges at home getting projects off the ground and abroad with tariffs affecting trade flows.