UAE, SPAIN NUCLEAR FUEL
WNN - The Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation has signed a memorandum of understanding with Enusa Industrias Avanzadas, defining a framework for collaboration and the exchange of information and expertise in the field of nuclear fuel services.
ENEC said the memorandum - which was signed at ENEC's headquarters in Abu Dhabi, by Mohamed Al Hammadi, CEO of ENEC, and José Vicente Berlanga, president of Enusa - met its strategy of working with international companies based in countries with established nuclear energy programmes.
Al Hammadi said: "ENEC is committed to developing the UAE Peaceful Nuclear Energy Program in line with the highest international standards of quality, safety, and security and working with various global organisations enables us to share insights and expertise. Such collaboration is important for the future development of the nuclear energy sector within the UAE and internationally."
Berlanga added that the agreement had strategic significance because ENUSA also "represents the interests of the Spanish Administration", according to the ENEC statement.
ENEC, a wholly owned government corporation, is building four Korean-designed APR1400 reactors at Barakah, in the Al Dhafra Region of Abu Dhabi.
Established in 1972 with a focus on uranium mining, Enusa designs, manufactures and supplies fuel to nuclear power plants in Spain and other countries, and provides nuclear fuel services, from inspection, repair and irradiated fuel handling to used fuel management, and associated engineering services. It is a public enterprise 60% owned by the Sociedad Estatal de Participaciones Industriales - an agency of the Ministry of Finance - and the remaining 40% by the Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas, part of the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
Log in to read the publication.
An authorized user gets access to four FREE publications per month.
You can also buy a full access to all publications of the site since January 2014.
|March, 20, 11:35:00|
|March, 20, 11:15:00|
|March, 20, 11:05:00|
|March, 20, 11:00:00|
|March, 20, 10:55:00|
|March, 20, 10:54:00|
Совет директоров ПАО «Газпром» одобрил проводимую компанией работу по реализации крупнейших инвестиционных проектов. В числе приоритетных направлений деятельности компании — Восточная газовая программа.
В 2018 году «Газпром» поставил в Сербию 2,15 млрд куб. м газа — на 1,2% больше чем в 2017 году (2,12 млрд куб. м).
IEA - At the moment, Russia is sending record volumes to Europe while LNG utilisation rates remain relatively low. Limits to European production capacity and import infrastructure (with over half of pipelines operating at monthly peaks above 80%) may contribute to market tightness over the coming years, particularly if Asia continues to absorb the ramp up in global LNG liquefaction capacity.
The South Korean government Tuesday gave its final approval to lower taxes on LNG used for power production by 75%, and raise those on thermal coal by 28% from April 1, in a move likely to boost downstream gas consumption.