ISRAEL'S RENEWABLE TARGET $24 BLN
ENERDATA - 27 Oct 2020 - The Israeli government has approved an plan to increase the share of renewable energy sources in power generation to 30% by 2030, with the remaining 70% covered by gas, tapping large domestic resources in the Mediterranean Sea. The country aims to generate 20% of electricity from renewable energy sources by 2025. The targets for 2030 will be evaluated and updated in 2024. According to the Ministry of Environmental Protection, nearly half of power generation can be covered by renewables (especially solar) in developed areas, and the 30% target is too low and promotes gas-fired power generation.
Log in to read the publication.
An authorized user gets access to four FREE publications per month.
You can also buy a full access to all publications of the site since January 2014.