OPEC + RUSSIA DOWN 2 MBD
OPEC - Vienna, Austria 05 Oct 2022 - The 45th Meeting of the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC) and the 33rd OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting took place in person at the OPEC Secretariat in Vienna, Austria, on Wednesday, 5 October 2022.
In light of the uncertainty that surrounds the global economic and oil market outlooks, and the need to enhance the long-term guidance for the oil market, and in line with the successful approach of being proactive, and pre-emptive, which has been consistently adopted by OPEC and non-OPEC Participating Countries in the Declaration of Cooperation, the Participating Countries decided to:
- Reaffirm the decision of the 10th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting on 12 April 2020 and further endorsed in subsequent meetings, including the 19th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting on 18 July 2021.
- Extend the duration of the Declaration of Cooperation until 31 December 2023.
- Adjust downward the overall production by 2 mb/d from the August 2022 required production levels, starting November 2022 for OPEC and non-OPEC Participating Countries as per the attached table.
- Reconfirm the baseline adjustment approved at the 19th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting.
- Adjust the frequency of the monthly meetings to become every two months for the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee (JMMC).
- Hold the OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting (ONOMM) every six months in accordance with the ordinary OPEC scheduled conference.
- Grant the JMMC the authority to hold additional meetings, or to request an OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting at any time to address market developments if necessary.
- Extend the compensation period to 31 March 2023. Compensation plans should be submitted in accordance with the statement of the 15th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting.
- Reiterate the critical importance of adhering to full conformity.
- Hold the 34th OPEC and non-OPEC Ministerial Meeting on 4 December 2022.