WNN - Indonesia's National Atomic Energy Agency (Batan) has signed an agreement with China's Tsinghua University to cooperate on human resources capacity building.
REUTERS -India’s annual economic growth surged to a more than two-year high of 8.2 percent in the three months through June, giving Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government a political boost in the final year of his term before elections.
PLATTS - China's consumption of oil products rose 7.2% year on year to 27.54 million mt in July, data released Tuesday by the National Development and Reform Commission showed.
PETROCHINA - Profit from operations was RMB65.891 billion, representing an increase of 80.6% compared to the same period in 2017. Net profit attributable to owners of the Company was RMB27.088 billion, representing an increase of 113.7% compared to the same period in 2017. Basic earnings per share was RMB0.148, representing an increase of RMB0.079 compared to the same period in 2017.
U.S. EIA - The South China Sea is a major trade route for crude oil, and in 2016, more than 30% of global maritime crude oil trade, or about 15 million barrels per day (b/d), passed through the South China Sea.
ET - Russia will work with India for localisation of equipment for nuclear power plants: Andrey Shevlyakov, CEO, Rosatom South Asia
PLATTS - Royal Dutch Shell has picked up 26% stake in Hazira LNG project in the western Indian state of Gujarat from French energy major Total,
PLATTS - South Korea's crude oil imports from Iran dropped 45.8% year on year in July in the wake of the re-imposition of US sanctions, while intakes from Kazakhstan, the US and Mexico jumped as alternative sources.
PLATTS - South Korean LPG providers' sales to the domestic market in the first six month rose 4.2% on the year despite higher retail prices, driven by solid demand for petrochemical production, company officials said Thursday.
CNOOC - In the first half of 2018, the Company maintained a healthy profitability and a sound financial position. Oil and gas sales reached RMB 90.31 billion, representing a year-on-year increase of 20.5%. Net profit reached RMB 25.48 billion, representing a significant increase of 56.8% year-on-year (“YoY”). The Company’s average realized oil price was US$ 67.36 per barrel, representing an increase of 33.6% YoY. The average realized natural gas price increased by 13.0% YoY to US$ 6.42 per thousand cubic feet. Despite the international oil prices rebound and industry costs inflation, the Company maintained a competitive all-in cost of US$ 31.83/BOE during the first half of the year.
U.S. API - API emphasized the counterproductive effects of Section 301 tariffs on America’s natural gas and oil sector, underscoring the damaging impact that Chinese retaliatory tariffs would have on U.S. LNG exports, and urged the Administration not to impose additional tariffs on Chinese products at today’s hearing before the U.S. Trade Representative on Section 301.
REUTERS - China’s Sinopec Corp has teamed with Zhejiang Energy Group Co Ltd on a 3 million tonne-per-year liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal in east China, with the first phase set for operation at end-2021, the state oil giant said
WNN - Notable nuclear power sector achievements included the longest operating run for the Kaiga 1 pressurised heavy water reactor (PHWR), which has now achieved over 826 days of continuous operation taking it to third in the world, he said. Basu also highlighted the start of excavations and equipment ordering for two 700 MWe PHWRs at Gorakhpur; the signature in March 2018 with EDF of the Industrial Way Forward agreement for the establishment of six EPR units in Jaitapur; and the tripartite agreement between Bangladesh, India, and Russia for the establishment of Bangladesh's Rooppur nuclear power plant, for which India is also providing technical support.
PLATTS - EGAT, Thailand's largest power producer, will import the gas at PTT's Map Ta Phut LNG receiving terminal where the utility has acquired access to 1.5 million mt/year of regasification capacity from PTT LNG for a 38-year period from 2019-2056.
PLATTS - Japan's Mitsubishi has agreed to acquire a 25% interest in Bangladesh's Summit LNG import project, which includes a floating, storage and regasification unit, with the remaining 75% held by Summit Corporation, the Japanese LNG trader said in a statement late last week.